We’re going to be spending a lot of time together on your wedding day so I figured I’d share a bit more about myself, my interests, and who I am!
• I’m not just Type A, I’m Type AA (think Monica from “Friends”). I love planning, organizing, and tidying everything in my life.
• I danced classical ballet en pointe for 13 years. Unfortunately, I shattered my sesamoid bone
and had to have it removed (which is why I can’t wear heels anymore).
• I got a perfect score on the Writing section of the SATs – I’m a total vocab & grammar nerd!
• My favorite colors are peach, ivory, and gold, but I love all warm colors!
• The exclamation point is my favorite punctuation mark (and I definitely tend to overuse it – oops!)
• I love documentaries. I’ve watched probably every documentary on HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Peacock… you name it. No topic is off limits!
• I grew up in Denmark, where my entire family is from. It left me with some cool perks like good table manners, an obsession with all types of cheese, and [rusty] bilingualism.
• I love punny jokes. The cornier the better! (I have the sense of humor of a 5-year-old.)
• Nothing against handshakes but I’m definitely more of a hugger.
• I’m an Enneagram Type 3: The Overachiever.
• My favorite scents are lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus – always makes me feel so relaxed.
• I’m a huge tea fan! My mom used to own a tea house so I grew up drinking the highest quality loose leaf tea, all day every day. Green, black, white, herbal, matcha, ayurvedic, chai, oolong,
puerh… I’ll never say no to a good cup of tea!
• I was born in Hong Kong while my family lived there for 3 years. I have a tattoo on the back
of my neck of my name in Cantonese which means Lotus.
• I come from a really small family. Not a single aunt, uncle, or cousin on either side!
• I’ll wear anything with bell sleeves, peplum, flutter or ruffle shoulders.
• My husband Corrado is my biggest supporter, cheerleader, confidant, and the smartest person I know. (He works in quantum computing as a microwave engineer.)
August 10, 2023