Even after the gathering ban is lifted, I predict there will be a big rise in intimate weddings, elopements, microweddings, and city hall weddings – and I’m totally all for it! I’ve always had a soft spot for small weddings. I’ve seen so many cute ideas, got to witness a bunch of the perks, and I’m even considering doing it for my own wedding one day!
Just a few of the perks of having an intimate wedding:
- Less logistics to figure out, shorter guest list, and smaller bridal party
- Less planning required = you can get married much sooner!
- Getting married on a weekday means more date flexibility and easier vendor availability
- Fewer details = more focus on the meaning of the day, your vows, and the fact that you’re committing your lives to each other
- Fewer guests = more time to interact and talk to *everyone*
- More freedom and flexibility to take portraits in unique locations
- Your pets can tag along more easily!
- An occasion to rock a cute short dress or bridal jumpsuit
- Less invitations, centerpieces, etc. to order, which means you can really go all out with the ones you do buy!
- Peace of mind – with less logistics to juggle, almost nothing can prevent the show from going on (even a global pandemic..)
These are some of my favorite intimate weddings I’ve shot over the years: 👉 linpernille.com/microweddings
Considering eloping in NYC? Here’s a blog post detailing exactly how to get married at NYC City Hall!