Tis the season for gift-giving! My favorite part of gifting is the challenge of hunting for the perfect meaningful & significant present that I know the recipient will actually be able to use and cherish.
As my mom always taught me:
Give the gift you’d love to receive.
So here’s the 2018 Business Owner Gift Guide I put together, filled with gift ideas for wedding photographers, videographers, and creative small business owners.
(Or if you’re the creative, here are some things you can add to your wish list!)
Enjoy & happy gifting!
Gift Ideas for Photographers & Videographers
- 12-slot surge protector for charging allll of that gear.
- Eneloop Pro batteries are the only kind of batteries I’ll ever use again! Super strong, rechargeable, very reliable.
- Carrying case for all those tripods & stands.
- Wire management – Practically everything a photographer or videographer needs to run their business has a wire attached to it. I LOVE these sleek white cord covers for making my workspace look neater.
- Laptop stand – Editing for hours and hours hunched over a laptop is terrible for your back & neck – this stand elevates the screen just enough to be ergonomic and comfortable.
- Photographer’s Gloves with a removable slot for your pointer finger and thumb! These things are one of my favorite inventions ever for cold winter weddings & shoots. (Also available from B&H)
- Camera remote – Makes taking photos & videos of yourself SO much easier!
- Smartphone tripod adapter for taking cell phone photos, videos, and flat lays.
- 32 or 64 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD cards (or CF – check what their camera uses) – You can NEVER have enough memory cards! Having lots of extra cards will mean that you never have to format a card until the client receives the photos, avoiding a lot of stress and worry.
- Memory card cases – I use multiple colors to organize & categorize my SD cards.
- External hard drive – I’m constantly buying new external hard drives – they fill up fast when you have dozens of weddings per year!
- You can never have enough large capacity high speed USB 3.0 flash drives, especially for sharing files between second shooters.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF EDUCATION!
Wedding Photographer Gift Ideas
- WEDDING DAY ATTIRE
- Cocktail Dress – Cute but professional – perfect for shooting weddings! I have this in navy, black, and grey.
- Black Jumpsuit – A sleek, professional jumpsuit is a staple for any wedding photographer’s closet. I’ve spent months looking for the perfect jumpsuit that fits my torso and legs without being baggy, unflattering, or too short or long. This one is made of a nice, comfortable spandexy material with just enough stretch.
- I love these 3/4 sleeved blazers – I have them it both black and white.
- I love this large, discrete, white water bottle for hydrating on long wedding days and this bottle holder to carry all my drinks in!
- Tote for carrying supplies on wedding days – this one is durable, discreet, and just the right size. (I got my logo embroidered on mine!)
- Heel cushions and shoe inserts to protect from getting blisters & sore feet after standing for 8+ hours on wedding days.
- High-fidelity ear plugs – a must-have for loud wedding receptions (and mitzvahs!) These babies must have saved my ears another decade of hearing!
- These gold or silver hangers are awesome for hanging bridesmaids dresses on wedding days! They’re thin/lightweight but durable, and the top hook is flexible so they can be twisted to hang straight on any type of ledge.
- WEDDING DAY EMERGENCY KIT
Creative Small Business Owner Gift Ideas
- When your business runs on caffeine, you can never have too many mugs or thermoses like these:
- It’s no secret that I love notebooks, planners, stationary.. anything I can take notes in! These pen loops are perfect for making sure they always have a pen or pencil handy to write down their thoughts & ideas.
- These highlighters are great – they’re colorful yet light enough that you can read through the colors!
- GIVE THE GIFT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION!
- Honeybook Subscription – Give the gift of organization! Honeybook is the greatest all-in-one CRM (Client Relationship Management) program that streamlines contracts, invoices, workflows, and client communication – by far the most popular program among wedding professionals! (Click this link for 50% off – that’s only $16.66/month!)
- There’s no better way to keep your plans, goals, and tasks organized than a Cultivate What Matters 2019 Powersheets Goal Planner.
- The Contract Shop has contract templates customized for every single type of creative small business you could imagine!
- I love Tailwind for planning, organizing, and scheduling Pinterest and Instagram posts.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I may get a small commission, at no cost to you! Win-win 🙂
Click here for more educational small business blog posts.