I had the incredible opportunity to be interviewed on Focus(ed) Podcast and I’m so excited to share the episode!
054: Adding Video to Your Photography Business
If you haven’t checked out their podcast yet, definitely do! They share new episodes twice a week with amazing content related to photography, blogging, and business.
I got to talk to Paul & Cinnamon about one of my favorite topics – what it’s like to offer both wedding photography and video and why it’s a total win-win for everyone. Enjoy!
2:49 – My background and how I got started
5:42 – How I got started with videography
6:33 – About the highlight videos I offer
7:02 – Engagement videos
7:44 – Offering both photo and video services
8:12 – The advantages for clients to book a combined photo & video team
– Easier booking process
– Less crowded, stressful, & time-consuming
9:27 – The clash between photographers & videographers
12:35 – How to introduce video into your photography business
– Relatively low barrier to entry & learning curve for photographers!
– Already know white balance, exposure, etc
– Already have the camera & lenses
14:07 – What extra equipment you need to buy
– Natural light or video lights
– Audio – lavs, recorders, etc.
– Stabilizers – tripods, monopods, Gimbals, sliders, etc.
– Hiring extra shooters
16:02 – How many shooters I use (“two and a half shooters”)
17:13 – The “Same Day Edit” trend
17:59 – How I switch between shooting photo & video throughout the day
19:40 – Why I LOVE shooting both
– The best way for photographers to add an extra income stream
– Maximize your income for any given number of booking
– Use your video knowledge for your own advertising
21:14 – Are there any cons / anyone it’s not right for?
– Deciding what works best as a still photo vs video
23:17 – My biggest business struggle – hiring second shooters/assistants
– Facebook groups
24:41 – Second shooter guidelines
– FREEBIE! Download a sample copy of the guidelines I give to my second shooters! ↴
26:54 – Hiring full-time employees
31:03 – Jumpstart Your Photography Biz Workshop! – 11/19 at the Jersey Shore!
32:27 – Find me online at linpernille.com or @linpernille on all social media!
33:40 – A tangent on drones 😉
Thanks so much for listening! If you have any specific questions about adding video to your photography business, please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below or send me a message.
If you liked the podcast, be sure to leave Paul & Cinnamon a rating & review!! (It means a lot for visibility!)
Itunes > Podcasts > Store > Search “Paul Cinnamon Wolfe” > Click Subscribe, 5 stars, & write what you feel! 🙂